Sunday, January 13, 2019

The Absentee Blogger

Where have I been? Like most new moms, I have been a little busy. But the past year has had some special considerations. I gave birth to our son, Gabriel Archer, on November 29, 2017, and immediately become critically ill. I owe an enormous amount of thanks to my husband, my mom, my mother-in-law, and countless friends that went the extra mile (or two) to ensure my baby and I had the care that we needed. Shortly after recovering, my dad entered hospice care. Shortly after that, we moved our family from CT to OH to be with him. Six weeks later, Dad died. Two months after that, I defended my dissertation in CT. Two months after that, my husband moved to AZ and we have been having a long-distance marriage for the past two months with a week-long visit from him over the holidays. So, although the first year with a new baby is typically busy, I have had some things to keep me extra busy. I am grateful to be on the other side of 2018, grateful for my health and the health of my family, and grateful for everyone who made that possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment